"REFLECTIONS" Life Coaching
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a supportive, action-oriented relationship.
As your coach, I view you as resourceful, creative and whole. Together, we identify your strengths and opportunities, and then develop a plan of action to help you achieve your goals. Clients engage a coach because they are seeking:
• to reveal and honor the whole self
• experience the power and possibility that comes from focusing on intentions
• to increase efficiency/effectiveness at work
• to take action to develop and fulfill their dreams
• improved communication and self confidence using empowering language
• to fully embrace and celebrate themselves and their achievements
• to gain clarity on life purpose and direction
Coaching is not therapy.
Coaching accepts where you are now and focuses on looking forward to where you want to be in the future. Therapy and counseling focus on your history and analysis of how you got to your present state. Coaching and therapy often occur concurrently; or coaching picks up where therapy ends, supporting clients to integrate their therapeutic insights into everyday living. Coaches do not treat clinical disorders such as anxiety, depression, addiction and phobias. Download this PDF from Coachville.com for additional information.
The benefits of coaching are numerous, but dependent on you.
A willingness to invest in yourself and your future, to take responsibility for the direction of your life, and to make time to focus on yourself, are the only prerequisites for entering a coaching agreement. Being fully committed to your own process can lead to:
• getting "unstuck"
• closer alignment between values and choices
• living with more intention and greater consciousness
• increased self-confidence and self-esteem
• greater clarity about goals and how to move forward
• moving towards greater life balance
• greater sense of wholeness and purpose
• supportive and positive relationships
• increased ability to trust and take risks
• more passion for life!
According to the International Coach Federation, the professional association for coaches worldwide:
"Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that
inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential."
© 2010 "REFLECTIONS" Life Coaching - All Rights Reserved - Website Design by The Shipwash Company , LLC - http://www.ccassist.com